As of last year, consumers are spending more time on mobile apps than on the web, according to a study by Flurry Analytics. In fact, smartphone and tablet shipments have exceeded that of laptops and desktops for the first time, according to another study by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. In line with the shift to mobile devices, Google is introducing Analytics for mobile apps, both Android and iOS. The free Mobile App Analytics tool is now available in beta and offers the following features:
- Identifies new and active users of your app and their country of origin.
- Shows the types of devices and networks people use to access your mobile app.
- Describes session duration and the screens that users access.
- Google App Analytics details the path users take when moving through your app.
- Reports crashes and downtime.
- Describes loyalty by reporting users’ number of sessions, screens per session, and the goal conversion rate as defined by the developer.
These analytics provide vital information on the effectiveness of mobile apps used for marketing. Google has decided to offer metrics for both Android and iOS apps, helping all developers. “We really want to make [Mobile App Analytics] available and make it helpful for marketers to have the end-to-end information. We wanted to make sure we didn’t only focus on the platform we own to help them make the best decisions,” says JiaJing Wang, product manager for the Google Analytics Team.
Mobile App Analytics is a completely free service, so take advantage of the helpful tool by signing up for the beta version on the Google Analytics page. Blue Interactive Agency provides full service mobile marketing solutions to help companies connect with customers through an array of mobile communication services. We offer mobile application development for devices including iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and Windows Mobile. For any questions regarding mobile marketing, call us at 954-779-2801.