SQL DBA Day to Day Activities
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Microsoft SQL Server software and related products.
- Evaluate MSSQL features and MSSQL related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Apply and maintain patch levels.
- Setup and maintain SQL Replication.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required.
- Do general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Interface with MSSQL for technical support.
- Works on building queries, stored procedures, etc. that meet business needs. This is the equivalent of the programmer. You primarily write T-SQL.
- Design schemas. Build tables, FKs, PKs, etc. Work to build a structure that meets the business needs in general. The design is then used by developers to implement the actual application.
- Responsible for merging data from multiple sources into a data warehouse. May have to design warehouse, but cleans, standardizes, and scrubs data before loading.
- DBA would use DTS heavily.
- In depth SQL Server Database Administration experience.
- Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2000, 2003, 2005 & 2008 RDBMS on large systems
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Experience Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience of Transactional SQL, and DTS stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
- MUST have excellent written skills
- MUST have excellent verbal skills including presentation experience
- Ability to learn quickly and have the flexibility and desire to learn and adapt to different ways to approach engagements.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years IT experience with 5+ year working as a DBA.
This is an onsite position in South Florida, please do not apply if you are unable to physically come to work each day or need visa assistance.
Please email your resume to email@example.com