There are many things that internet marketing professionals take for granted about website design that the average user needs to be aware of. Here are the top 10:
1. Users should be able to click on the logo on your website to go back to the homepage.
2. Clearly define your unique value proposition and state it as often as possible throughout your website.
3. Use summary descriptions, sub-headings,bulleted lists and short paragraphs so you don’t lose visitors in the details. This will make it easy for the user to scan the text to find what they are looking for.Long detailed paragraphs should be saved for content that is deeper within the website.
4. Provide a clear path for users to get back to where they came from on your website. The easiest way to do this is to provide a path of pages visited to get to the current page above the text but below the main menu.
5. Use colors to define between visited and unvisited links.
6. Use meaningful, high quality graphics that resemble your key demographic target.If your target audience is retirees for a condominium community, use pictures of people over 60. As the saying goes,a picture is worth a thousand words.
7. Use testimonials and quotes to appeal to the humanitarian side of your customers.
8. Make sure your links clearly define where the user is going -life is too short to click through to an unknown area.
9. Never use a PDF file when you can use an HTML page, PDF’s take 5 times as long to download and are not able to be read by search engines.PDF’s should only be used when you want to give users a file that is formatted perfectly for printing.
10. There is no recipe for success,just trial and error – employ analytics on your website to watch how users respond to your website and attack the problems one at a time!
If you don’t already have access to a developer to implement these dynamic tools into your website, contact Blue Interactive Agency today to get reasonably priced web programming services.