LinkedIn is a very useful social media tool for establishing and maintaining business relationships as well as attracting talent to your company. Creating a LinkedIn company profile is an effective way to get your business name out there and ranked on Google. So here are the steps for how to set up a LinkedIn company profile to get maximum exposure for your business.
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage and click on the “Companies” tab. Select “Add a Company”.
- Enter your company name and email address, which requires a company domain name.
- Fill out information about your company such as a description, status, industry, year founded and number of employees. You can also add a company logo, locations, financial data and a link to your company blog.
- Make your company profile public by choosing the “Profile” tab and “Edit Profile”. Click the “Edit” link next to “Public Profile”. Now you can customize your URL with your company name. Check all the content that you want to be shown in your public profile and this will control how you appear when people search for your company on Google, Yahoo or Bing.
- Lastly, don’t forget to “View your public profile” to see your company profile as others see it.
The unique feature about LinkedIn is that the social media platform pulls in information about your company from around the network. Your company profile will automatically show links to profiles of current and past employees, new hires, recent promotions and job listings. LinkedIn calculates your company’s median age, male to female ratio, top schools and shows other companies that your employees are connected to. These details and statistics are incredibly useful for potential candidates and clients to get a feel for your company.