You’ve budgeted money for a brand new website for your business and now you’re ready to select a website design company. But which one do you choose? There are several factors to consider before choosing a website design firm that will end up saving you time, money and energy in the long run.
You want your website to be competitive and to bring in business. Chances are your competitors have not only a website but a plan for search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing in place as part of a comprehensive interactive marketing strategy. In order to stay competitive, you should consider one firm that offers expertise in all areas of online marketing including web design, SEO and social media marketing.
Here are the top ten tips to consider for your website design.
1. Think about the purpose of your website. Who are you trying to reach and what are you trying to accomplish through your business website? This will help you decide what type of information to offer.
2. Ask for a quote. Getting a detailed quote up front for the cost of your website design and any ongoing service fees including SEO, blogs and social media marketing. Request a fee estimate for additional web design work in case you want to change aspects of your website later on.
3. Choose the right domain name. This is very important for your business and once the name is chosen, it cannot be easily changed so choose carefully. Your domain name should reflect your business and be easy for customers to remember.
4. Find the right web host. The web host is where your site will go live. There are many web hosting companies to choose from, so examine which one is the best for you in terms of cost, expertise, tech support and reputation. It’s helpful to read customer reviews to get a feel for which web hosting provider is right for you.
5. Look at the website design firm’s own website. How detailed is it? Does it have extra design elements? The site is a good indication of the level of quality and detail the firm is able to produce.
6. Request to look at previous work by the web design company. What better way to see what the firm is capable of?
7. Decide if you want the functionality to be able to update your website yourself. If you anticipate your website as always changing, it’s best to choose a content management system-based website. A CMS-based website will allow you to write articles, post videos and images directly.
8. Start engaging in social media networks. If you start participating in social media networking on Facebook and Twitter, you will have an audience to share your website with by the time your site is launched!
9. Consider including a blog on your new business website. A blog can be helpful in giving customers news and information about your products and services, as well as help with search engine rankings. Decide who will write and maintain your blog.
10. A successfully executed website will bring in business and leads. Have your products or services readily available by the time your business site is launched.