While we’re sure Mark Zuckerberg knew he had a brilliant idea on his hands that fateful February in 2004, we’re also fairly certain he had no idea just how far-reaching it would become. Since Facebook launched a little over 7 years ago, social media marketing has taken off exponentially. We have reported on Google’s +1 and, more recently, provided some details on the Bing and Facebook search integration. To say that social recommendation is becoming the new wave of marketing’s future could be the understatement of the year, and we’re only in the middle of the second quarter.
Recently, we reported about LinkedIn, a very popular and well known professional networking site, regarding its value at over $3 billion and over 100 million fans. The site has already integrated a wide variety of features that allow users in different networks to share links to stories and other information related to their specific industry with one another. As the professional social networking site expands its capabilities, you should be aware of some existing features that you may not know about. LinkedIn recently reported about a phenomenon regarding a huge increase of traffic from Business Insider, and consulted LinkedIn affiliate Krista Canfield to elaborate:
1. Linkedin Today: Offers a daily digest of some of the most popular news and links people are sharing from all over the networking site.
2. LinkedIn Signal: Change the search bar at the top right of your screen to “Updates” to view information about your favorite industry topics.
3. Detailed Company Bios: Customize your page to showcase what specific products and services your business offers, as well as posting about new job openings and company news.
4. Customize your URL: Choose a URL with keywords that will optimize your page.
5. Groups: Join a wide variety of groups related to your business or industry to network with like-minded professionals
6. Make the most of your profile: Since Google favors LinkedIn when searching for individuals, make sure your profile is always complete and up to date.
7. Job search: More and more people are searching for jobs online, and are looking to professional sites like LinkedIn as a trusted source, so make sure your profile is attractive to prospective employees.
8. Recruit the best employees: LinkedIn offers a comprehensive corporate recruiting page that provides details on how to find the best professional talent available.
9. Resumes: LinkedIn offers a very handy tool that features a step-by-step guide detailing the components of a quality resume.
10. Make the most of your profile:The aforementioned presence of LinkedIn in Google search results should be a prime motivator for those wishing to find their dream job online, or simply to network with those in their industry or profession.
LinkedIn marketing is a vital piece of your interactive marketing portfolio. With more and more traffic and a virtual omnipresence in Google search results, you can no longer afford to ignore the power of this professional networking website. Blue Interactive Agency offers interactive marketing services in Fort Lauderdale, including Facebook marketing, Twitter marketing and every other type of social advertising to empower your brand in today’s online landscape. For more information, contact us today by calling 954-779-2801.