On July 11th, Twitter revealed that it has over one million third-party applications. With such an overwhelming arsenal of social media marketing tools for the microblogging site, it’s difficult to narrow the list down to choose the most effective tools for your Twitter marketing campaign. Lucky for us, KISSmetrics came up with the 10 Twitter Tools Used by Social Media Experts. Here’s a quick rundown of the best apps used by the twitterati:
- Bit.ly – Most know Bit.ly as a URL shortening service, but there’s more to the site than helping you stay within your 140 character limit; “a free Bit.ly account will give you access to a dashboard where you can shorten and share links to multiple Twitter accounts.”
- Buffer – This cool tool lets you schedule your tweets so that you can spread them out throughout the day instead of inundating your followers with 50 tweets an hour. Analytics are also included to show the performance of each tweet.
- CoTweet – Sign up for a free account and enjoy the ability to manage multiple accounts, collaborate with multiple users, track click and limited analytics, schedule tweets, keep conversation archives for up to 30 days and more.
- HooteSuite – One of the better known Twitter apps, HooteSuite is an exceptional Twitter management tool that enables you to monitor keywords, manage multiple accounts (up to 5 for the free version), schedule messages and more.
- Paper.li – This app “allows you to collect tweets and curate them manually or automatically in a newspaper-style format which can be automatically shared daily on your Twitter account.”
- SocialOomph – Sign up for a free account and you can schedule tweets, track keywords, extend your profile and much more. Upgraded accounts offer even more social media capabilities.
- Triberr – One of those oh-so-exclusive invitation-only communities, Triberr lets you join “tribes” of like-minded bloggers to help you expand your reach on Twitter by plugging in your RSS feed.
- TweetDeck – Another popular Twitter management tool, TweetDeck is quite similar to HootSuite, with the added capability of sending longer messages using their built-in Deck.ly URL-shortening service.
- Twitterfeed – Add yours and others RSS feeds to be automatically shared through Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts. You also have the option to customize the link text and even add a RT.
- Visibli – This free service allows you to create a custom sharing bar with the links you share. It can have your name, social icons, links to your website and more.
Twitter’s ecosystem continues to grow at an exponential rate. It’s so engrained in modern society that last Thursday, Merriam-Webster added the word “tweet” (and “social media”) to its Collegiate Dictionary. If your company isn’t utilizing this invaluable interactive marketing tool, it’s time to join the movement. Blue Interactive Agency is an interactive marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale that offers a complete range of online marketing services. Call today for a free website analysis!