A Facebook business page is valuable for communicating with your customers as well as for search engine optimization purposes. Facebook marketing allows businesses to create targeted messages and to leverage personal recommendations from patrons. If you don’t have a Facebook page designated for your business, follow this step-by-step guide to get started.
Visit facebook.com/pages and select “Create Page”. You will be prompted to choose which type of page from the following choices:
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
- Once you choose the type of page to you want to create, fill in the contact information form and agree to the terms and conditions of Facebook to get started.
- Now you are ready to personalize your page. Upload a profile picture – this can be a logo, picture of your shop, or whatever image is best for building your brand.
- Suggest your friends to “Like” your page by choosing “Invite Friends”. You can also use “Invite Email Contacts” to upload a contact list from MS Outlook, Constant Contact, etc. This is a quick way to get some eyes on your business page right away, as you gradually grow your fan base over time.
- Select “Edit Information” to add a company overview, description, website address, and any other information you’d like to share with your customers. Add photos, events, and videos by clicking on the links on the left hand column.
- Begin posting fresh and interesting status updates you want to share with your fans!
- Once you reach 25 Likes on your Business Page, you may reserve a vanity URL under “Account Settings.” Keep in mind the URL you choose will be permanent.
- Use Facebook Insights, a valuable analytics tool, to track interactions to your status updates and get demographic information about visitors to your page.
- Promote your Facebook business page by adding a Like Box to your company website or blog. This draws referral traffic and helps you get more fans!
A Facebook business page allows you to share your information and reach various audiences instantly. If you have any questions, or would like a custom-built Facebook page, Blue Interactive Agency can help. Blue provides a wide range of interactive marketing services including logo design, graphic design, reputation management, and brand monitoring to increase online visibility for businesses. For more information, call 954-779-2801.