Email marketing is a highly effective and inexpensive method of online marketing to provide direct and personal messages to customers. Emails can be automated, and are easy to measure for analytics insights. The power of email is that subscribers are a super-responsive and highly targeted group of people who have “opted in” to receive your email communications, and are thus more likely to be interested in your product or service. Lawyers can capitalize on email marketing by providing useful information in email newsletters and links to social media networks to continue the conversation. Emails are a great way to develop relationships with customers so that when they are ready for your service, they will respond. In essence, emails are an effective brand building tool.
Rule of thumb for effective email marketing:
- Strategy. To get the desired outcome, you must decide what it is you want from the customer and which landing page would be most appropriate for achieving those results.
- Write a clear, succinct and compelling subject line.
- A well-designed email balances content with enough graphics and white space to capture audiences.
- Use strong copy with a primary call to action.
- A clean signature goes a long way. Be consistent with all company email signatures across the board, with everyone at your law practice.
- Speaking of consistency, logo and branding defines a law firm’s corporate identity. Use high-quality original designs.
- To get more interaction and feedback, integrate social media into your email campaigns. You may wish to include a “Like us on Facebook”, “Follow us on Twitter”, or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
If you have questions regarding email marketing for lawyers, Blue Interactive Agency offers full service email marketing with tracking and reporting for optimized results. We design custom email campaigns including all services from strategy to list management for interactive marketing solutions that drive ROI. Contact us to see how we can help market your law practice.