Since its launch in 2006, Twitter has become one of the 10 most visited websites. The social networking service has more than 500 million users, generating more than 340 million tweets daily and handling more than 1.6 billion search queries per day. Tweets are posted to the user's profile, sent to the user's followers and are searchable on the Twitter search. Commonly used as a quick and easy way to microblog in 140 characters or less about the goings-on of one's personal life, businesses and organizations are coming up with creative ways to use Twitter for effective online and word-of-mouth marketing. To use Twitter successfully as part of your marketing campaign, you have to write, and write often and strategically.
- Twitter account basic set-up (get a handle with your name and/or main keyword, URLs to other websites, main services, what they can get by following you)
- Customize (background photos, profile picture, link color, bit.ly account)
- Custom feeds (industry news, influencers, reporters, etc.)
- Custom discovery (keywords in saved searches for easy research for content, news, brand monitoring, and opportunities to engage with current or potential clients)
- Content (no-automation, quality content, news, links, blogs with bit.ly links, photo account, video, outreach to other Twitter handles, retweet, capitalize on high-traffic events that get categorized with hashtags)
- Assignment of team and monitoring protocol (individuals should be responsible for monitoring social media accounts, responding to questions, comments and concerns, and knowing who to contact at anytime)
- Reponses (never automated, draft responses for problems that could arise, prepare for worst-case scenarios, know who to contact in each department depending on complaint or compliment, know of easily-accessible and cost-effective give-away merchandise and/or souvenirs, etc.)
- Analytics (weekly internal reports, review and strategy modifications, monthly client reports and large brainstorming sessions)
To learn more about marketing with Twitter and how Blue Interactive Agency can create a marketing strategy for your company, call 954.779.2801.